My Knee-Crossing Giggling Fit Disaster

Let me tell you about my knee-crossing giggling fit disaster.  You would almost think that by now I would know enough to get myself to the wash room in time.  I can see this happening to my five-year old, but to me, really?  How embarrassing!

knee-crossing giggling fit disaster

Everyone that knows me well, knows that I am a real giggler.  I love to laugh and I truly believe that’s a good thing.  In life there are too many things that  cause people to be sad or angry, and having a good-hearted laugh once in a while is very welcome and healthy.

A lot of laughs come when sitting around with my sister and talking about the good old days (well actually not that old), and things that we had done as kids.  Some of the stories actually make me cry tears, they are so funny.  We were definitely crazy kids.  How we didn’t drive my mom nuts is beyond me.

Up until I had kids, the only thing that sprung a leak when I was having one of my giggling fits was my eyes.  Like I mentioned, I can laugh until I cry.  Unfortunately, that’s not exactly where the leak came from this time around.

Sitting around chatting and checking out past school photos, my sister and I came across one that belonged to a family member, no names being mentioned but it was hilarious!  The expression, the hair and the clothes.  Hey, I know none of us looked great but seriously this was something way out there.

I started to laugh. I looked at my sister and she was laughing, that made me  laugh more.  Before I knew it I was into a full knee-crossing giggling fit.  Why the knee-crossing?  If I hadn’t crossed my knees I would have wet the chair more than I did (thanks kids).  Depend® would have been very handy in stopping the embarrassing wet spot on the chair. Or sitting on a towel, had I known I would laugh that hard.

Did you know that bladder control issues are quite common in women after child-birth?  This common postpartum symptom is caused by the pregnancy,  delivery and weakened muscles around the bladder and pelvis, which make it harder for you to control when urine starts… or when it stops.

Approximately 3.3 million Canadians are affected by bladder control issues, but the topic is not widely discussed. Many sufferers are deterred from talking about it or seeking help because of feelings of shame and embarrassment.

Visit the  Depend® website and see how they are dedicated to bringing back the confidence and freedom to people who suffer with bladder control issues.  They and I  want to remind everyone who suffers from bladder control issues that there is a solution, and that we can all live an active, fulfilling life and do everything we want to do!

Postpartum symptoms such as bladder control issues usually rectify themselves (try kegel exercises –  they really helped me) but not always, so don’t be embarrassed, there are many moms that are in the same boat.

Disclosure: I am part of the Depend® Fit-Flex Blogger Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this campaign.  The opinions on this blog are my own.

12 Comments on My Knee-Crossing Giggling Fit Disaster

1. MapleMouseMama
    June 20, 2014 at 2:24 pm (3 months ago)

It is unfortunate that as adults we need products like this, but thank goodness they are there when we do! Your story had me giggling too :-)

• Dawn
      June 23, 2014 at 8:27 am (3 months ago)

Yes, Depends are a great product for such occasions. I wish I would have know at the time :)

2. Jennifer (@momvstheboys)
    June 20, 2014 at 3:16 pm (3 months ago)

nothing should stop a good fit of the giggles! sounds like depends is perfect for those moments so you can just be yourself!

• Dawn
      June 23, 2014 at 8:26 am (3 months ago)

Depends really would have been a great idea for the months after child birth for sure!

3. Randa
    June 22, 2014 at 12:35 pm (3 months ago)

It happens to the best of us. I have issues sometimes in high impact workouts. I’m scared what will happen if I have another one! haha

• Dawn
      June 23, 2014 at 8:25 am (3 months ago)

Randa, eventually it does subside or did for me. I have had 4 and each time for sometime after I had and issue.

4. Little Miss Kate (@LilMissKateCo)
    June 23, 2014 at 8:57 am (3 months ago)

Everyone needs a good laugh! Ans something like being worried about leaks should never stop you. Glad there are products out there that can help you live your life the way YOU want!

• Dawn
      June 23, 2014 at 9:29 am (3 months ago)

That’s right Kate, and I hope other moms will give Depend Flex Fit a try and enjoy life :)

5. paula schuck
    June 23, 2014 at 10:40 am (3 months ago)

I love how you tackled this post. This is well written and handled with a sensitive touch. Choosing this brand makes sense for those who have that bit of leakage that happens post partum or with age.

• Dawn
      June 23, 2014 at 10:51 am (3 months ago)

Thank you Paula, it is a touchy subject and a little embarrassing for many of us. Glad to share with other moms in hopes they can carry on without the embarrassment.

6. Wendy [mapsgirl]
    June 23, 2014 at 10:43 am (3 months ago)

Having a weaker pelvic floor after kids makes giggling a bit messy. I’ve managed to straighten mine back up, but it’s good that there is protection for those who can’t get those muscle back in shape.

• Dawn
      June 23, 2014 at 10:50 am (3 months ago)

It sure does! I am also lucky but I know some moms are not and that’s where Depend Flex Fit comes in :)

Your Comments Make Me Smile :)