This is not fancy, it’s way too simple and it’s happening right here!
Oven Baked Cheesy Salsa Chicken may have a long title but that’s the most difficult thing about it.
I know you are probably expecting to read the many ingredients and steps to putting together this super simple meal. Surprise! This is so easy that you will pinch yourself to see if you’re dreaming. Nope, wide awake you are!
Here’s all you’re going to need for this yummy concoction:
A roast pan
I know right, you probably have all this in your pantry right now! Perfect timing!
- 4 chicken breasts (thawed)
- 1 large jar of salsa
- 1 bag of shredded moteray jack cheese (any will do)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat. Brown the chicken breasts (they don't have to be cooked thoroughly).
- Transfer browned chicken breasts in to a roast pan with a lid.
- Pour a full jar of salsa over the chicken.
- Cover and bake at for aprox. 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and cover chicken with grated cheese and bake until cheese is melted and brown (aprox. 15 minutes).
Frozen chicken breasts that about 30 minutes per side. Simmer breasts in the salsa at a lower temperature and longer results in a more tender chicken.