This is such a delicious recipe and super easy to make. I usually make Salsa Chicken with Spanish Rice as a side. They really compliment each other. The best part is the left overs, Salsa Chicken is even better the second day, so make a double recipe!
- 4-6 chicken breasts (thawed)
- 1 large jar of salsa
- 1 bag of shredded moteray jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat. Brown the chicken breasts (they don’t have to be cooked thoroughly). Transfer browned chicken breasts in to a roast pan with a lid. Pour a full jar of salsa over the chicken. Cover and bake at 350 for aprox. 30 minutes. Remove lid and cover chicken with grated cheese, replace the lid and bake until cheese is melted and brown (aprox. 15 minutes).
- You can brown the chicken in the oven on 350 for 30 minutes, instead of stove top.
- Frozen chicken breasts that about 30 minutes per side. Simmer breasts in the salsa at a lower temperature and longer results in a more tender chicken.