Coping With Sleepless Nights ~ Tylenol Nighttime Sleep Centre #SleepTonight

Tylenol Nighttime

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have fought a battle with sleepless nights for at least five years now.  Starting with when I decided to co-sleep with my little one.  As with any new mom sleep isn’t an option.  Now that my little one is sleeping through the night, you would think I would be having a wonderful nights rest.  Not so, I have an extremely hard time to fall asleep many nights and lay there staring at the ceiling.  I am a thinker, I think things to death.  Which is good in a way but not at bedtime.  I lay awake with the wheels spinning inside my head (thinking of everything I need to get done, deadlines, school events, personal commitments).  Should I be lucky enough to fall asleep, I often awake a little later and the wheels starts up again.

Tylenol Nightime

On other nights I find myself waking and staying awake for hours after, tossing and turning.  I don’t know why this happens, although, I suspect sometimes it’s about being too wound up after a late night working and high caffeine intake.  Then before I know it the alarm is buzzing and it’s time to get up!  I literally look like the “Walking Dead” after one of those nights.

I do have trouble sleeping some nights because I am sore in my neck and shoulders.  Working on a computer most of the day contributes to that but lifting and hauling around a small child and her belongings can also cause some discomfort.

Regardless of why or what the reasons are for the lack of sleep, I needed to find a solution.  After checking out a few articles about sleep routines, I found a few tips that do actually help to relax the body and de-clutter the mind:

~  A warm drink (milk, camomile tea, no caffeine) before bed is soothing and can help you relax.

~  Hopping into a warm bath just before bed is another great way to unwind.  It relaxes and soothes away tired muscles.

~ Stay away from the TV, computer and video games, instead opt for a good book to wind down with.

Give them a try if you suffer from sleeplessness as I do.  Staying away from the TV and any electronics is a big help, I find they stimulate me too much as does the coffee after supper.

Tylenol Nighttime

I was thrilled to have opportunity to engage in the Tylenol Nighttime Sleep Centre site, where I found a wealth of information about sleep.  I found out what sleep is and why it’s important to my health.  I  read up on The Facts of Sleeplessness and found out the truth about sleeplessness.  Did you know that health factors such as stress and pain come to the top of the list in causing sleeplessness?  They are a big factor in my lack of sleep and with the help of Tylenol Nighttime I can have a great sleep, pain-free.  I also learned different ways that I can change my lifestyle to encourage a good nights rest.

Tired of being tired?  the Sleep Centre offers up 10 tips to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.  I didn’t know this before, but having a light snack containing tryptophan and calcium help trigger the sleep hormones.  Check it out and start sleeping tonight!

Another great way I learned to sleep better was educating myself on the sleep cycles and how to protect my sleep patterns.  Factors such as light, temperature and noise all come into play when trying to get a good nights sleep.  Watch this video to learn more about the sleep routine and how to sleep better.

It’s no fun trying to run on little or no sleep.  Quality of life has been next to nil with out my proper sleep at night.  Thanks to Tylenol Nighttime Sleep Centre I have learned how to help myself through changing my lifestyle and if I need a little help for the pain, Tylenol Nighttime has that covered too.

If you are like me and need help to sleep or are suffering night time pain that keeps you up, give Tylenol Nighttime a try.  The great people at Tylenol Nighttime would like to offer you $4.00 off coupon!

Out of the 10 tips listed on the Sleep Centre site, which one do you think will help you the most in getting a good night sleep?

This post was generously sponsored by Tylenol Nighttime, but the opinions and images are my own. For more information, visit http://sleep-centre.ca

Get New Posts Sent To Your Inbox

Join 90 other subscribers

Yes Wellness

Comments

1. says

If there is one thing I’ve learned since having children, sleep is not overrated. I totally took it for granted for too long. No more. I really do love the Tylenol Sleep site. So needed!

2. says

I am lucky, it is rare I have trouble sleeping (well, on my own…..many nights I am up with a sick child, or a kid that is awake for some unknown reason). I am glad that you were able to get some insight into sleep – it is amazing what sleep deprivation can do and cause you to feel

3. says

I’ve been having a hard time sleeping for the last year. I
    think it’s because I do too much in a day and at night my brain is
    having a hard time resting. It sucks! Thanks for all the tips, I’m
    hoping they work for me :)

• says

Jenna I felt same with the three boys. Now there’s the gap with my daughter. She still doesn’t like to go to bed. Still don’t sleep. Worry about boys being out and about :)

4. Holly Messana says

For me I think reading a book, turn the tv off and spend
    that time reading. I know in the past that is what i did, but then
    i watched tv in my room while kids were falling asleep, so they
    knew i was close by. Then i couldn’t get to sleep. Bad habit
    now.

5. Elizabeth Matthiesen says

I used to have problems getting to sleep as my mind worked
    on and on but then saw a tip on TV which works for me. I count one
    on breathing in and two on breathing out. Gets me to sleep in no
    time, probably through boredom! I do think that having a good
    mattress and pillow and very important to ensure I good nights
    sleep. I did use to have such a stiff back in the mornings that I
    could literally only roll out of bed. With my new mattress that
    problem has disappeared thankfully :-)

6. says

Sleep I got covered – it’s staying awake that’s the
    problem! Ha! Seriously, though, the electronics one is a biggie. I
    just read somewhere that unplugging at least 2 hours before bed
    makes a big difference. Not that I have the willpower to try it to
    see if it works…

• says

Emma I have a problem staying awake during the day too! Lack of a good nights sleep I guess. It’s so true about the electronics and it takes discipline for sure to shut it down in the evenings.

7. yeewittlethings says

I am so thankful that I don’t have troubles sleeping, but I know many people who do. Routine is so important and I know lots of people who drink Nighty Night (or SleepyTime) teas. Sleep is so important…but not always so easy to get though!

8. shandon00 says

I like the advice to keep the bedroom a place for the 3 Ss –Sleep, Sex & Sickness– I know I should keep my phone charging in the kitchen because every notification (vibration) gets my attention. Even if I think it doesn’t. Great advice.

9. says

Fortunately, Sleep has never been a problem of mine! I can fall asleep on a dime (most nights) and sleep until I’m woken up! My DH on the other hand, needs this article very much! He has huge sleep issues. If one of the kids coughs or sneezes during the night he can be awake for the rest of the night. He’s very sensitive to sounds and wakes up easily! I’m going to pass this info on to him! Thanks!

• says

Jennifer, your hubby sounds like me. I can’t say I get many full nights sleep. I do use a fan personally and that helps. If anyone coughs or such I’m up for the remainder. Not fun. I hope your husband finds some help on the Tylenol Sleep Center website.